Monday, December 15, 2008

Jammies Are The New Blankie



At our house, we store the girls' jammies in the cupboard underneath the bathroom sink. Lydia, the most brilliant of tiny tots, has caught on to this. Without fail, every single day, no sooner do I put the jammies away and begin going about my business, do I hear the cupboard door slam open and lo and behold, Lydia triumphantly appears in the living room, arms laden with blanket sleepers.

I'm sure her fascination with her jammies..and pants..and shirts..and jackets..is mostly rooted in the fact that she is a tactile girl and loves anything soft, but we get such a kick out of our silly weirdo who would prefer to drag around clothes as opposed to anything else.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the new template and that you put my favorite picture back at the top. This is perfect!

Lydia cracks me up!! She and Ava are simply two peas in a little pod!

Sara said...

how funny!! maddox's "thing" right now is socks.... he's always carrying a sock or two around and shaking them--seriously, CONSTANTLY he is doing this!! it's hilarious! and it's not just any sort of fabric--it's SOCKS!! little ones are SOOO funny!! i could hear the slamming cabinet door and the appearing of a little lady w/ some jammies... SO cute!:)

Sarah said...

This is hilarious! What a smart and observant little girl - catching on to her where her mommy puts those favorite jammies!

I too like the new template! Where did you find this one?

Lisa said...

Isabella has those jammies too!!! They are super snuggly, so who can blame Lydia for wanting to snuggle those "jams" - plus, she is related to Ava!

Anonymous said...

I love our little snuggly jammy girl - but seriously, we're not dragging jammies all over God's earth like we do Iris' blankie-blankie.