Iris has been flexing her drawing muscles of late, and I just had to share some of her latest examples:
This one is Iris and Daddy holding hands. Notice that she is red because she likes red, and Todd is blue because he likes blue. Isn't his little beard cute?
And this one portrays our whole family hanging out by a tree. Again, we're all color-coordinated according to our favorite color which I think is so funny! Of course, no family portrait is complete without blankie(black) and Poochie (brown).
I'm so incredibly thrilled that she is big enough to actually be drawing recognizable things now. How cool is that? I love, love, LOVE it! I'm totally going to be the mom that saves every piece of artwork and schoolwork that my girls bring home. It's so much fun...I don't know how I'd ever decide what to throw away!
7 comments:
SOOOOO CUTE! I love how things are color coordinated! I read one time to take photos of their artwork then keep it in an album. It's supposed to take up less room, etc, but like you, there are some things (okay, most) that I just cannot throw away!
Adorable! You know, these would make great presents (and INEXPENSIVE TOO)!! My brother and sister in law picked up shadow box type of clear picture frames at Hobby Lobby and did this one year for Christmas...thinking about doing it with Kayin this year and some of her projects from daycare!
This is the first time I've seen these. It makes me want to cry. I love that she drew her and I holding hands.
Love these! And, you can tell so much about Iris too. Heads are important to her - she has even included all major face and head parts, which again proves that the face is what she really notices about people. She has included both arms and legs but no fingers, toes, or hands, which just mean they're not a big deal to her right now. How fun! I can't wait for this kind of artwork! It's amazing! Way to go Iris!
Enjoyed Iris' drawings. So cute!
It's interesting to see what kids
draw and what is important to them.
Very colorful family!
SO Cute!! just love it!! it is fun when they begin to express themselves in new, "big" ways, isn't it?!!... thanks for sharing:)
She is actually VERY good for her age! Just like her Mommy being artistic and all!
We have been working on Noah writing his name. It bothers me that they don't work on this at school. He just did it for the first time on his own this week.
Love the new blog header. It SO reminds me of something you would paint. I've always admired your work!
Post a Comment