Friday, October 9, 2009

Skater Girl

Lydia had some fun the other day with a neighbor kiddo's skateboard. What I thought was so funny and cute was the fact that rather than trying to navigate around standing up using her feet, which is a little tricky, not to mention dangerous, she laid down on her belly and scooted around using her hands to propel her instead. She's a smart, self-preserving little cookie, our Lolly. Watching her brought back fond memories of those crazy roller thingies we used to use in gym class. Remember those?











She had such a great time, I think we may have to look into investing in one of these things for ourselves. It might make a good Christmas present...

3 comments:

MamaHen Em said...

It would make a good Christmas gift! Those are great pictures - I can just see her scooting around. And I totally remember those things we used in gym - I also remember people flinging one another from them!

I'm soooo glad you got your blogger issues figured out. I LOVE the new header and pale blue background. It's lovely!

Sarah said...

Priceless & fearless I might add! Love the new look.

Oh and those curls! Her hair has gotten so long since I've seen her last.

Vicki B. said...

She is so cute scooting around.
Love her head of curls!
I seem to have accumulated a few
skate boards in my storeroom. Think
they belong to a certain little girls daddy.