Isn't that crazy? I think Todd and I both have been feeling kind of stunned since the sign went up. Obviously, we've known this day was coming for awhile, this whole year has been one huge preparation for this day, but now that it's finally here, we kind of feel like, whoa, slow down! There's something about this last final step of selling our house that just makes it all so very real. Our future is rushing in at top speed, and there's no going back. We're really doing this. We're really going to be planting a church. It's sad and scary and exhilarating all at once.
And now begins what I think of as the Great Wait. We've done everything we can, there's nothing more to do EXCEPT wait, and well, because I'm slightly neurotic (only slightly right?...right?) there'll be just a teensy bit of worrying to do, of course. And for Todd, there will be much checking of budgets and plans. I say all this laughingly - we are such a raving OCD duo! In reality, we are trusting hard in the fact that our future rests in God's hands. He already knows what's going to happen with our house, and he already knows what's going to happen in Lincoln. No amount of our worrying or stressing is going to change the outcome!
With that said, this is such a crazy, emotional, unknown time for our family. Please pray that we would continue to trust in His sovereignty over our lives, and that we would remain strong in that trust and not succumb to fear or worry or doubt. We want to be able to truly savor and enjoy every last moment we have here in Missouri unclouded by any angst!
4 comments:
Oh Meghan! I can't begin to imagine all that you guys have prayed through and waded through in the last year. I only know that we pray for your future daily and also that God absolutely knows your future! It's been amazing to watch you and Todd on this journey and see your faith grow and your lives moving forward. When the timing is right, the house will sell and your move will come. We will continue praying for you!
Also? I'm really proud of you because I totally get those TINY OCD tendencies :) Love you :)
As a seasoned mover, and the daughter of a super OCD mom, in your waiting time I can nearly guarantee that your vacuum will see more play time than ever before. Our realtor finally had to explain to my mom that people didn't like walking on our carpet because we could see where they'd walked!
God is so good and faithful. It will be fun to look back in a year and see all of the wonderful things He has done!
If Todd leaves Boeing, there won't be anyone left to blow up circuit boards :)
Seriously, best of luck and we'll miss you guys the day that moving truck rolls out.
Cameron
oh, meghan, WOW! it's finally here... the Great Wait, in some ways, will be the most stretching part--seems like waiting always is. as you've said, the urge to worry and the longing to just rest in trusting our Lord... what a struggle, and now more than ever, i'm sure! we're So excited for you guys and will be alongside you praying... love you guys! proud of you for following God's call!!!
Post a Comment