Is she not the cutest little ballerina you've ever seen?
A friend and I signed our girlies up for a four week summer session at the dance studio just down the street. They'll be introduced to the basics of ballet and possibly tap, I think, over the course of the class, and can you believe that Iris goes in and does her thing all by herself with nary a backward glance at me? Yup, no parents allowed inside during the class. We have to be content with sneaking furtive peaks underneath the blinds instead, and let me tell you, I've decided that the most adorable thing I've ever seen is six little girls in full ballet get-up dancing. Oh my goodness, they are so sweet it's heart breaking! And Iris, of course, in my opinion, is the sweetest. And she seems to be doing pretty well so far. She's paying attention and following directions and trying hard to learn the steps - she's quite precise and graceful! It's pretty amazing to watch, actually. I think it would be so much fun if dancing turned out to be her thing!
Stay tuned because on the last day they have a mini-recital, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get some good footage of her performing to share on our blog!
Stay tuned because on the last day they have a mini-recital, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get some good footage of her performing to share on our blog!
3 comments:
She IS the most adorable little dancer I have ever seen! Wouldn't it be great if ballet WAS her thing? She looks so grown up with her black leotard and her piggy tails! I can just imagine her all graceful and dancing. I'm so proud of you for letting her be big and go dancing all alone! Can't wait for the video!
She is so cute! And so grown up
already. Wish I could be there
to take a peak while she's dancing!
I hope it becomes her thing too.
Am looking forward to the video.
She looks SO GROWN UP!!! Justin and I were just talking about getting Kayin signed up for some kind of dance lessons---maybe that is something our girlies could do together when you move out here! :) I could just imagine you peeking through the blinds to glance!!
Post a Comment