Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Family Trip to Nebraska

Todd had a preaching gig in Omaha this past weekend, and since the girls and I were going along, we decided we'd stay Friday and Saturday in Lincoln as a sort of mini-vacation and to introduce the girls to their future home.

It was a busy few days! We visited the Sunken Gardens and had supper with my parents on Friday night, on Saturday we took in the Children's Museum and had lunch with an old friend, and then Todd took advantage of our being in Lincoln to host (thanks to our friend and his fabulous downtown condo) a 2 Pillars Vision Meeting Saturday night. It was nice to put some faces with the names I've been hearing so much about! Sunday, it was back up to Omaha so that Todd could preach. He did a great job. Every time I hear him speak, I feel assured that this is really where God wants him to be - which is good, I think, considering the direction we're headed in! Sunday afternoon, we got to hang out with some fun people from the church Todd preached at while Lydia napped, and then it was off to the airport for our flight home. Can you believe we almost missed our flight again? Yes, we apparently didn't learn from our experience in Denver and cut it too close getting to the airport. I think we would have been fine except that there just happened, for whatever reason, to be an unusually long line at the check-in for Southwest. Go figure!

Here are a few pics from some of our excursions:

The Fam at the Sunken Gardens. The girls were fascinated by the ginormous fishies in the little ponds. I used to live in an apartment in the yellow house right across the street, so there was some major nostalgia going on for me while we were there!









The highlight of the trip for the girlies, by far, was our little outing to the Children's Museum. Oh. My. Goodness. This place is amazing - and completely different than I remember it from back in the day when I was taking my niece and nephew. There's obviously been some renovation that's happened, and it is awesome! Three entire floors jampacked with super cool stuff for kids to do. I can see already that we will be spending a lot of time here when we move back. We only had two hours to spend, and it wasn't nearly enough!




Iris got a taste for the stage in the dress-up area.


Lydia's favorite spot was the "hospital". She couldn't get enough of the babies! And obviously I don't have quite the skill with taking pictures using the iPhone that Todd does - I see this one's a little blurry!







Oh! I almost forgot. We overheard Lydia speaking a new phrase while we were at the Museum. She wanted to know, "Where my sissie at?" How cute is that? She's really beginning to repeat a lot of little sentences these days. It's so much fun!

3 comments:

MamaHen Em said...

Where MY sissie at?!

They look like they had a TON of fun, and so do YOU! It's funny because it makes me feel nostalgic to remember your yellow house over by the gardens. It is such a lovely, lovely place. There is something about Lincoln that feels like home, isn't there? I'm so glad your trip was soooo great!

Kindergarten Team said...

We have yet to get to the Children's Museum. That is on our list to do with Kayin before I start back to school! I have a feeling we will have lots of play dates and picnics at the Sunken Gardens! Wished we could have made it Saturday night--I still was recooperating from the surgery and wasn't able to drive yet.

Vicki B. said...

Enjoyed the pictures of the girls
at the museum. Would be fun to go
with them sometime. The sunken
gardens are beautiful.
Can't believe Lydia is talking in
sentences. She is growing up way too fast!