Monday, February 23, 2009

About Lydia

Lydia is growing up fast, and it's hard to keep track of (much less blog about) all the new and fun things she's been starting to do over the past few months. So I thought I'd post a small list of some stuff that we are loving about our sweet La-La right now for all you friends and family out there who don't get to see her very often.

Here it goes:

- She shakes her head and says "no" to every question we ask her no matter what it is.

- She claps, waves, blows kisses, eats with a fork, drinks from a big girl cup, and pretends to "talk" on the phone.

- She can make the signs for "more" and "all done" - but only if she's getting her diaper changed or thinks we aren't paying attention. Never when we actually want her to, the little stinker!

- She absolutely loves to torment her sister by grabbing one of Iris' beloved toys and then running away with it as fast as she can so that Iris will chase her.

- She's starting to say a multitude of words, among them: shoe, jacket, coat, Iris, daddy, mama, no, touch, and bear, and we've heard her say some phrases: Daddy's shoe, don't touch, all done.

- She loves to experiment with accessories, draping herself in bracelets and necklaces and hats, and she likewise loves to play "babies", pushing them in the stroller and feeding them.

- She adores shoes and jackets. She prefers to play with these items over any other toy we might have. The boot and shoe basket in our garage is the greatest thing that ever happened to her!

- She totally understands everything we say to her now and can follow simple directions and find objects we ask her to go get even if they're in another place - her memory is expanding in leaps and bounds!

- She holds my hand so tightly whenever she's walking anywhere with me, and if I let go for even a moment, she's searching for my fingers so that we can be connected again, making sure that her little fingers are holding at least a thumb at all times. I love it, and I'm dreading the moment she doesn't want to do it anymore!

And that's our Lydia in a nutshell at the big age of almost fifteen months. She's a determined, mischievous, sometimes naughty, goofy, affectionate, funny little thing - such a big personality! She keeps us on our toes, that's for certain, but we feel so completely blessed that she gets to belong to us.


A dress-up junkie in the making

2 comments:

Emily said...

So weird that this post didn't update in my reader - I just checked in to see if somehow I missed something - and I DID!!

I can't believe how big Lydia is getting. I can just hear her saying "shoe" and see her shaking her head "no" - hang to those fingers tightly - it's such a quick ride!

Vicki B. said...

Thanks for sharing all the things
about Lydia. Such a sweetie!
She looks so cute in the dress!