Thursday, January 22, 2009

Iris Creates A Masterpiece

Yesterday afternoon I handed Iris a paint brush and a can of red wall paint and let her go to town on an old artist's canvas we aren't using at the moment.

Our bedroom happens to be in desperate need of some wall art, and I thought, why not let Iris do the honors? We are all going a smidge crazy being cooped up in this house what with the coldness outside and the colds inside. This little project livened up an otherwise boringly routine January day.

She loved every minute of doing it! I wish I had taken some video of her actually painting. It was priceless. You could definitely tell that she has watched me paint a time or two. Her mannerisms and some of her techniques looked very familiar - she knew exactly what to do!


Here is the finished result:



When I asked her what she was going to title this creative bit of work, she promptly replied, "Little Red Riding Hood."

Aptly named, don't you think?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Like Mother...Like Daughter. What can I say, she has her mother's talent!

Great job Iris, now she needs to do some work for me!

Hope said...

Great idea! If I can get over the messiness of it all, I may have to let the girls loose on some canvases! I think finger paints and paint-with-water are about as far as I've gotten them so far! Time to step it up a notch!

Her painting is beautiful by the way, maybe she could give my girls lessons. :)

Emily said...

The minute you said you handed her RED paint INSIDE and said "go to town," you lost me. I couldn't get past the "what if's" of it all. YOU are mama of the year. She did a fantastic job and Little Red Riding Hood is the perfect name!

Vicki B. said...

What a great job Iris! She must
be so proud of herself. I love
it that she named it too.