There is cause for much celebration in the Bumgarner household these days. A truly momentous event has occurred. An event of monumental proportions, we think....
Are you ready?
After waiting somewhat patiently for three and one half years...three and one half very long and nearly hairless years, mind you, Iris finally has hair long enough to put up in pigtails!!

Whoo hoo! A truly milestone moment! Have you ever seen a cuter little girl? Every time I look at her, my heart swells with love.
Now, I'm sure all you lucky mommies (and you know who you are - hee, hee) who have been putting pigtails in your daughters' hair since birth are asking, "What's the big deal? We've been putting pigtails in our daughters' hair since birth. Yawn." But think of it...I'll never hear again, "Is that a boy?" at the supermarket or the park or the library (because apparently the extraordinary abundance of pink that surrounds her at all times is not enough of a tip off). Oh, the joy is indescribable!
I will admit, however, that so far it has not been all fun and games. Especially for our sweet girl whose hair just so happens to be involved.
This photo was taken after our first go round:
Now, I'm sure all you lucky mommies (and you know who you are - hee, hee) who have been putting pigtails in your daughters' hair since birth are asking, "What's the big deal? We've been putting pigtails in our daughters' hair since birth. Yawn." But think of it...I'll never hear again, "Is that a boy?" at the supermarket or the park or the library (because apparently the extraordinary abundance of pink that surrounds her at all times is not enough of a tip off). Oh, the joy is indescribable!
I will admit, however, that so far it has not been all fun and games. Especially for our sweet girl whose hair just so happens to be involved.
This photo was taken after our first go round:
She wasn't immediately enthused about the pigtails, as you can see. It was a fairly intense battle to get her to keep them in her hair (but so worth it because, again, she looks super cute!). But I think she's beginning to come around. Today she actually asked me to put them in before we went to the playground! So we're getting there. We still have a lot to learn, though.
I guess for starters, we need to buy an actual brush and comb...
I guess for starters, we need to buy an actual brush and comb...

10 comments:
Meghan, I absolutely adore pig tails! I can't wait until Isabella's hair is long enough! I'd even settle for two little piggies in the front, with the long hair in the back! Yea for Iris! She looks amazing! And, yea for you! I am not a hair genius, so I applaud you! I'm going to have to take lessons from Emily!
I am not a hair genius either by any stretch of the word...maybe at Christmas Emily can give me some pointers. I can barely manage my own hair!
Oh she looks adorable! Our older girls had the beautiful hair from birth that we've been doing braids and pigtails in for a long time. Odelia, not so much. I think she'll probably be three before we can put them in hers too! She refuses to let us put barettes or really anything in her hair too. It bothers me that she looks like a boy just because of her hair too!
We go round and round with the girls EVERY day when fixing their hair too. I think it's just one of the finer moments in parenting girls. I'll take pigtail issues over the more serious issues of the future though. Sigh.
By the way, I love the new look! I guess, once again, I've been viewing in my reader too long!
I LOVE them. She looks adorable! You have waited for three 1/2 very long & hairless years. (By the way I cracked up when I read that!)
LOVE EM'!! She looks so precious! Kayin is getting to the point now where she is sitting still and will get the comb and ponytail holders for me! She tried putting one in Harper the other day...he wasn't having it at all!! :)
YEAH FOR IRIS!!! (and you too!!)
She looks so cute. There is nothing cuter than actual piggy tails, which around here are only allowed to be called - pony- tails. Someone is not having piggy anything in her hair.
You did a great job! I love how they make a cute curl, too! It makes her look different, too.
Someone once told me to use the hair styling time as conversation time, to really chat with your little girl and then they'll not only be talking to you, but looking forward to having their hair done.
Sooooo cute!!
It makes me a little sad. She looks like she's 5 in that first picture instead of 3 - too grown up.
I also noticed the snow boots in that first picture though. Very nice.
Yes...snow boots make a classy addition to ANY fall ensemble, don't you think? Our little fashionista!
oh, she is SOOOO cute!! LOVE IT!!! yes, we've been putting p's hair up for a while now, but it wasn't until she was over 1 year old! closer to 18 months, i believe... now, that's not 3.5 years, but i do know that feeling!!! and isn't it funny how silly people are?? we let z's hair grow out for the first 18 months of his life and he had a ton of it--dark and curly! and everyone would always ask (no matter how boy-like he was dressed) how old SHE was!!! ridiculous! i suppose they were wondering why we dressed our "little girl" in boy's clothes!! but DUH!!!!... get a clue, right?... all this to say, i'm SO happy for you, and i totally understand your excitement!!!:)
The pigtails are so sweet!
It really changes her looks
and makes her seem more grown up.
Post a Comment