Saturday, October 4, 2008

OVERHEARD

Daddy! Hey Daddy! Mommy uses that...THAT SPATULA to spank my bottom AND scoop my ice cream!

Um.

What can I say?

It's a multi-tasking utensil.

7 comments:

Coach A said...

HMMMMM...My children might say my mommy uses that spoon to stir the pasta and spank my bottom! We are all right there with ya!

Lisa said...

My friend PJ swears by the spank spoon. She even kept a small one in her purse, so she could put the fear of the spoon in her children no matter where she was!!! I'm still in the process of deciding which spoon I'll use - the wooden spoon...perhaps!

Meghan said...

My original plan was (and still is, eventually) to use a wooden spoon, but I've apparently been too lazy to go out and actually buy one - we don't have any in our house at the moment - so I've had to improvise!

Sara said...

this is funny... my mom was the wooden spoon (or wire brush) crazy lady!! she carried a wooden spoon around EVERYWHERE with her! and if she happened to not have it, she ALWAYS had one of those wire brushes in her purse to use! oh yes. (of course, it was mostly for my brothers, not me!) we don't do the wooden spoon thing, but i certainly have all the respect for you!! i love iris' honesty--i'm imagining her saying it!...

Vicki B. said...

I had a lot of multi-tasking
utensils. My parents used a belt
on us but I went to something
less frightening. Poor Jen, she
probably felt those utensils the
most-especially the fly-swatter
which she tells her children about
now (& I think she uses it too or threatens to)
It's funny how we pass things down.
And "innocent" little Todd knew how
to avoid getting spanked from
watching Jen being chased around!
That was so cute how Iris described
the use of the spatula!

Meghan said...

Vicki-I find it so hard to believe that Todd was never spanked, but he swears it's true! This makes me laugh - he definitely must have developed some special tactics to avoid them...I guess it's maybe a "benefit" of being the youngest and having older siblings handy to take the blame??:)

My mom was a fan of the fly swatter too...I'm pretty sure I can dredge up some fond memories of her chasing me around the yard. I can laugh about it now, especially when I think of how funny we must have looked, but I'm sure at the time it was no laughing matter!

Vicki B. said...

The fly swatter must have been
the thing to use back then! Jen
remembers getting her hand in the
way-ouch!I bet we all looked pretty
silly running around with a fly swatter!
"Poor little Toddy"-we used to
call him back then-was actually
pretty smart being the youngest
I guess and he used to tell us
"I may be little but I'm not stupid"