Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Crazy Ride...

This week we've been celebrating the beginning of Autumn by taking some morning nature walks around the neighborhood. Iris has been inspecting leaves, collecting "cat-tails" (just weeds, really, but I don't have the heart to put a damper on the creativity I love so much, so "cat-tails" they are and will remain), and generally just noticing all the differences the change in season brings to God's creation.

And, of course, for Iris, nothing could be more exciting while out for a walk than pushing her baby sister in the stroller like a maniac!



She pushed her like that all the way to our mini-park - which is several blocks away, I might add, I couldn't believe it - Lydia squealing with joy the whole time! There's some Herculean strength hiding out in those skinny little arms and legs, I think. And I'm happy because with Iris doing all the work (hee, hee), I get to just enjoy a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood.

8 comments:

Hope said...

I absolutely love fall and I miss our O'Fallon neighborhood with the nice sidewalks and neighborhood parks! We live really close to the city park here, but it is not as nice and there are no sidewalks to get there.

My girls fight over who gets to push Odelia in the stroller. I spend the whole walk trying to keep them out of the street since there aren't any sidewalks and trying to keep Odelia in the stroller because she wants to push too!

I'm glad your girls make it leisurely for you though! Enjoy! I'm hoping to get Nate on board for some family walks this fall so it's not so stressful! Did I mention I love fall? :)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, Iris' crazy stroller pushing made me a little nervous. I kept waiting for her to hit the curb and see Lydia bail out onto the grass - to which I'm sure she would have squealed and laughed about!

Emily said...

It made me a little nervous, too, but then I couldn't help but laugh and laugh, out loud! You can totally hear Lydia squealing and Iris was FAST! What a beautiful day!

Meghan said...

Hope-I LOVE Fall too! The minute September comes around, I start getting giddy! I'm excited for family walks too...it's been so hot and mosquitoey lately that we dare not venture outside for too long in the evenings!

It's funny...I never even thought about them crashing...I was too busy wrestling with the camera (and laughing) trying to get good video before Iris was too far gone...I promise I do care about their safety...

Lisa said...

So fun! I imagine this is how it was with me and my sister, except, although younger, she was probably pushing me and trying to hit the curb so that I would go flying. How do you think my forehead stitches came to be???

The day did look beautiful, and perfect for a nice, relaxing stroll through the neighborhood. I love fall more than any other seasons, but it doesn't seem to last very long, and summer and winter always show up in the middle of autumn.

Sara said...

okay, fall is my absolute favorite!!! and right now, in swmo, it is HOT again!!! can you believe it??!!!... i suppose soon enough we'll be enjoying cooler weather--at least i hope!!!... i LOVE iris pushing lydia!! how fun!! paige LOVES pushing the stroller--she can barely handle it with no one in there! (she likes to look down at her feet or something, instead of where she's going!) i'm glad you guys are enjoying fall! thanks for sharing!:)

Vicki B. said...

I love how Iris stops to inspect
something on the pavement and
then continues on her way. And
that squeal from Lydia is so
funny. What a beautiful day.

Sarah said...

Fall is my favorite too! I love to be outside during fall days.

I laughed because Noah likes to do the same thing with pushing his sister - but it does make me nervous. Especially when he wants to pull the wagon!

Fun Times!