Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where Iris Goes To Get Away From It All....

I know I've been talking a lot about Iris having a hard time being able to protect her stuff now that Lydia's on the move. Sometimes a girl just needs some space of her own! Well, Iris has recently discovered just the place where she can play unmolested by an extremely interested-in-what-Iris-is-doing-every-second sister with grabbing little hands.



We moved the furniture in our living room around a few months ago, and the end result left a small, wedge-shaped area between the wall and our couch. A perfect spot for Iris to escape because Lydia hasn't figured out yet how to squeeze in with her. It's brilliant, and she can dump back there anything she needs to keep safe. Plus, it makes a pretty good indoor playhouse complete with it's own window...and kitchen, apparently, as you can see.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Every girl needs a place to get away from it all once in awhile! It is pretty nice that she has a window. I always wished I had my own private spot. Lucky Iris :)

Sarah said...

That's hilarious. What a smart girl. In our house it's the opposite. Avery needs to have her own place without her brother trying to take over. He has no concept of personal space (as we have battled with him getting too close or touching Iris who's totally opposite.) I don't know how many times a day I tell him to leave AJ alone. Bless her heart she just wants to play, but he wants her to play with him!

Coach A said...

Good for Iris! I sometimes feel really bad for my son because he never has space without "the sisters" getting in the middle of it! Is Lydia trying to figure out how to get to the "secret spot" yet?

Hope said...

Oh I hope that lasts a long time for Iris' sake! Maybe I should rearrange my furniture and create a little spot for myself?

I'm very impressed that she gets to keep all that stuff back there. Kudos to you Meghan! It would drive me crazy to know that it is back there, even if no one can see it! Clearly I have issues. :)

Lisa said...

We (I) rearranged our living room last night (thanks, Em) and now have a little wedge shaped location just waiting for Isabella! I can remember how nice it was to have a little place that was only for me - mine was outside in the dry creek, deep in the trees. My sister was too scared to go back there, so it was mine, all mine!

Sara said...

how cute!... i'm sure zion and paige both with for places such as this--both from each other and their new, VERY curious brother!!!:) maybe we should rearrange our living room or something... hmmm....

Meghan said...

Christina-it's so funny that you should ask me that as she just discovered it yesterday afternoon! Oh the shrieks as Iris tried to keep her out! And I've decided that we'll have to create some boundaries and keep that as Iris' personal space for awhile. No Lydia's allowed! Anything to keep the peace...

Hope-I have issues too, and it does make me a little crazy to know that stuff is behind there. I started out trying to make her pick it up every night, but that didn't last too long - too much work! I just never look back there and it helps a lot. The rest of the house has to be super picked up to compensate! Do you ever feel as if you are drowning in toys? I even purge regularly, but I swear they must multiply overnight!

Vicki B. said...

How sweet and what a smart little
girl! It's amazing how her little
mind works sometimes. She just
knows what she needs right now.