Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Four: An Ordinary Tuesday

Today was an average day. Things moved along at their usual Tuesday pace. Iris created a masterpiece for you to hang at the office, but sadly it was destroyed this afternoon in a thundershower. We laid it out to dry in the garage and then left the garage door open. It disintegrated in a puddle of water. Whoops!

We took a little walk to the mini-park this morning, and it started sprinkling right when we got there, so we had to head for home rather quickly. Iris, however, picked you some lovely flowers along the way while Lydia gnawed on her grasshopper and made stealthy grabs at Iris. (I'm always trying to get a picture of that, by the way, but they move too quickly! It's so funny to watch.)

I discovered some forgotten library books a few days ago while straightening up the bookshelf, so this afternoon we took a trip to the library. I seem to be making a habit of acquiring late fees at the library. I think these books are on your card, though. Hee, hee! We went to the Thomas library, and Iris had a good time perusing books and playing in the playhouse. I love the set-up they have for kiddos there.

I was so proud of Iris tonight. While I was getting Lydia ready for bed, she picked up all the toys, set out her before bed books, and got her jammies on all by herself! She has been such a good help to me these past few days - I don't know what I would do without her.

Oh wait. I almost forgot.

The nicest part of the day happened right after lunch. The doorbell rang, and imagine my surprise when I opened the door to receive these:

Thank you so much for the flowers! When did you set this up, oh beloved husband of mine!? I will tell you, Iris was a little confused by the fact that the flowers have the same name as her. She carried one around the rest of the day, though, like a little signature piece. I want you to know, you totally deserved this trip because you work hard and you do such a great job taking care of our family. I couldn't ask for a better husband and daddy.

3 comments:

Sara said...

okay, you bumgarners! you are being so (surprisingly) mushy--I LOVE IT!!!!!!... it really is adorable watching all of this, even from a distance, as you both are taking care of each other while you're apart--meghan journal-blogging so todd doesn't miss anything, and todd arranging for flowers to be delivered to his sweet wife!! how adorable! it's like a movie or something!... you guys are SO cute!!! looks like you had a fun day today too--your girls are the cutest!:)

Meghan said...

We CAN be mushy..now you know our little secret.:) I think absence makes the heart grow fonder - much fonder! I am having a good time journal-blogging - it makes me see my day in a whole new way. Todd did e-mail journals for me when I was in Russia, and it was awesome! I felt like I got to still be a part of Iris' day even though I was on the other side of the world.

Emily said...

Yeah, I got a little teary eyed over how completely sweet and loving the two of you are being while Todd is away. I love to have this little peek into your lives. It IS like I'm watching a story unfold and I can hardly wait for each days episode.