Can you believe it's kiddie pool time again? It's boiling hot and humid here already, so the girlies have been spending A LOT of afternoons in ours. They aren't complaining, though. They love it! Lydia, especially, loves the hose. She thinks it's her own personal play thing, and I have quite the time wrestling it away from her when it's time to turn it off!
And Iris, my big girl, started swimming lessons today and did absolutely great! She was so nervous about them that her tummy hurt when she woke up this morning, but we prayed together, and I think that helped. I was a little concerned going in that she might choose to be stubborn and not participate, but there was only one game she decided to sit out, and I was fine with that because the rest of the time she kicked and splashed and smiled and laughed and had a fun lesson! We are very much alike in temperament, I completely get her fear of the unknown, and so it always makes my heart ache with tenderness when I see her overcoming her fears and being brave. She completely exceeded my expectations, and I'm so proud! Yay, Iris!
And Iris, my big girl, started swimming lessons today and did absolutely great! She was so nervous about them that her tummy hurt when she woke up this morning, but we prayed together, and I think that helped. I was a little concerned going in that she might choose to be stubborn and not participate, but there was only one game she decided to sit out, and I was fine with that because the rest of the time she kicked and splashed and smiled and laughed and had a fun lesson! We are very much alike in temperament, I completely get her fear of the unknown, and so it always makes my heart ache with tenderness when I see her overcoming her fears and being brave. She completely exceeded my expectations, and I'm so proud! Yay, Iris!
3 comments:
Your girls are so much fun! I especially love hearing them laugh and play together - there is nothing better :)
MY heart ached with pride for Iris and her accomplishment today! What a proud moment for both of you. It sounds like she did an awesome job and I bet she is really, really excited to go back!
I love Lydia's craziness with the hose and Iris spraying it with her finger.
So proud of Iris' bravery.
First of all, I want to know how to import a video!!!! I may need a tutorial some time! :) Secondly, I love hear the laughter at their excitement!! We have had awful weather and have used our new pool maybe once since school got out! So proud of Iris!! She'll be swimming like a pro before long! :)
Post a Comment