Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bunny Watching



We have a little bunny family that lives in the crazy out-of-control brush behind our play set, and Iris and Lydia have been spending a lot time in the back yard watching them (and stalking them) while they frolic and play. I've obviously not done a good enough job scaring these bunnies off because they are pretty bold - the girls are able to get within a few feet before they scamper away into their burrow. This is a huge thrill for Iris and Lydia - getting to see an actual bunny up close in all his bunny splendor, along with the added bonus of possibly getting to touch him.

And because it's all bunny all the time around here these days, I've been answering a lot of questions. Where do bunnies sleep? What do bunnies eat? Why don't these bunnies have whiskers? Why do they live in the bushes? Do bunnies have blankies? Does Jesus like bunnies? - and so on and so forth. I get such a kick out of Iris referring to their home as a "burrow", and I love to hear Lydia's little voice saying, "bunny! bunny! bunny!" Two nights ago I looked out our sliding glass doors to see Iris trying to crawl head first into the bushes. She said she wanted to see the inside of their bunny house! And she leaves plastic carrots outside the entrance just in case they might need a snack.

Oh, they are an endless source of entertainment for my sweet girlies, these bunnies!


By the way, aren't the girlies so cute in their matching jams? They had just spotted two little bunnies from our bedroom window.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the picture of the girls looking out your window! What a perfect way to capture your sweeties!

Where did you find those jammies? Isabella is way into kitties right now!