Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Snack Buddies



Iris: Hey mom! Don't you want to take a picture of us?

Me: (laughing as a I head for the camera) Why yes, actually. I do want to take a picture...you must be a mind reader!

Two minutes later, post picture...

Iris: So mom, are you going to put this on the blog? Don't you think this would make a good blog post?


It seems that someone has caught on to the way things work around here. Is it possible that I might have a blogging partner in crime in the form of my very own daughter? I have to say that her sudden interest and cooperation in having her picture taken has definitely made things infinitely easier.

And as for the picture above, I LOVE when they snuggle up in our big armchair and snack or read or hang out together. It makes my heart absolutely sing because they are just so darn cute when they do it! Iris can be so sweet and kind and conscientious of her little sister, and it's so awesome to see that good sibling/sister dynamic developing between them. I want them to be loved and blessed by each other as much as I have been loved and blessed by my sisters!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so funny that she wanted you to put it on your blog. She's just giving you something to post about! I love it!

MamaHen Em said...

Awww, I'm loved and blessed by MY sister! I don't know who those two girls are, sitting in that chair. They're too big to be my nieces. I'm sure that Lydia is still a BABY and Iris is not a BIG GIRL. They look too grown up, sitting there.

Vicki B. said...

That's cute that Iris wants her
picture taken for the blog.
Those two girls are growing like
weeds. Tell Iris Grandma likes
the picture.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's time for Iris to start doing a little blogging of her own...