We woke up this morning to bright sun and drifts of the most glorious, sparkling, perfect-powdery snow ever!
I was planning on taking the girls outside to test it out later after lunch, but by mid-morning we started hearing the neighbor boys doing sled runs down the hill between our houses, and Iris couldn't take the anticipation anymore. So we all bundled up and headed outdoors a little early to join in the fun!
I was planning on taking the girls outside to test it out later after lunch, but by mid-morning we started hearing the neighbor boys doing sled runs down the hill between our houses, and Iris couldn't take the anticipation anymore. So we all bundled up and headed outdoors a little early to join in the fun!
One of the best parts about having a walk-out basement is that it really does make the sides of our house awesome for sledding! Lydia was a tiny trooper in her little sled whizzing down the slope. Iris was a bit more cautious. Our neighbor boy was so sweet, though, offering to share his sled with her so that she wouldn't have to go down by herself. She declined, preferring to just watch the action and make snow cakes and angels instead.
And here's a clip of Iris making one of her snow angels.
We LOVE snow days!
4 comments:
It looks like you guys had an awesome time. You love snow days, and for some reason I HATE them. I love it when I can be home with my husband and kids, but I hate it because it makes me feel trapped - you know me and driving when the roads are bad! I also do NOT tolerate the cold very well. Kris says my internal thermastat is broken... I'm either freezing cold or sweating buckets!
Noah and Kris went out last night. We should have bought Noah a snow suit like Iris', minus the pink! He went out in layers of sweats and had a great time. I didn't let Avery go because it was coming down pretty hard and she didn't like it getting in her eyes. I think I should be done writing my book now!
You DO have perfect slopes for sledding! What lucky girls you have! I love how they are so bundled up and having so much fun! When snow is rare, it is such a treat!
What fun! I use to love making
snow angels. The girls look
so cute all bundled up!
I know what you mean about
walk-out basements & snow. Chad
and Todd used to make the most
of those slopes in the snow. I
have some great sledding videos
of them. When we first moved in
before the trees got big, we had
snow drifts half way up to the deck
and the kids jumped off the top of
the deck into them. That only happened once before the trees grew
and caught all the snow. I wonder
if Todd remembers that-I think his
friend Heath was here too. Jennifer
remembers it. We heard about the
bad weather in St.Louis. Sounds like the neighbors had a snow day.
I'll bet Iris liked that.
Oh how fun! The girls looked like they were having a wonderful time!
Post a Comment