This past Friday, we loaded up the girls and, in keeping with our long-standing tradition, headed west to the local Christmas tree farm to find the perfect Bumgarner Fa-a-mily Christmas Tree.

The search begins

Iris and Beary
(yes, that is tape, I mean a bandage, covering Beary's eyes...he apparently had a little mishap involving a concrete parking lot)
Preparing to chop

"That's right. This baby ain't goin' nowhere!"
We finished up our outing by buying an ornament (Lydia was joyfully overwhelmed by the selection offered, squealing with delight over every choice) in the gift shop and attempting a photo shoot with Santa - an idea both girls vehemently protested.
The day was perfect. It's something we look forward to all year, and we had a great time together as a family.



4 comments:
You all look like you had SUCH a wonderful time! What fun! Someday I want to do that with my family. Someday. It is a lovely tree, too!
What a fun outing. This is a great tradition for your family. Look like you had a great time, and I'm glad the weather was pretty nice that day too.
My what a manly husband you have. And it really looks like he knows what he's doing tying down that trunk lid!
Toddsmindbloggler- Yes, he's very manly. I'm a very lucky girl....
Post a Comment