Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Stroller

We took a trip down to Old Town St. Charles yesterday afternoon despite cloudy, threatening skies to get some ice cream and browse the bookstore there. I am always up for being able to use our double stroller (Is it ridiculous to love a stroller so much?). We got the girlies strapped in and started heading over the worn, broken sidewalk towards the ice cream parlor. Strolling along, I glanced down at our daughters and laughed out loud! Lydia, with a look of supreme satisfaction on her face, has got Iris' coat sleeve clenched firmly in her tiny fist. Iris is trying in vain to wrench it away from her.

You see, Lydia loves Iris - is fascinated by her, and she wants desperately to just TOUCH her. However, every time Iris sees those little arms reaching for her, she bolts away. To the other side of the couch, the room - wherever she can go to escape those loving hands. It's not that she minds Lydia being near her, she just doesn't want Lydia touching her in any capacity. BUT in the stroller, our lovely double stroller, Iris can't go anywhere - she's stuck. Lydia is able to touch and touch to her hearts content. Which she totally does much to her big sister's deep chagrin.

We continued our jaunt - Lydia triumphant, Iris resigned, Todd and I amused at our silly sisters!


1 comment:

Emily said...

I, too, laughed out loud! I can just picture them! And no, it isn't silly to love a stroller so much!